“The Big Time Strategic Group BBQ Awards are very important for us as a people, as a black nation, as young entrepreneurs, as organisations and organised business, and as a country looking to go all the way into the future,” said Justice Maphosa, CEO of Big Time Strategic Group, naming sponsor of the event. “Today as we meet here, we are saying to those who win the awards, thank you for making us proud.”
And the winners are:
- LTE Holdings Best Established Black Business Award: Travel With Flair, a black-owned South African travel management company.
- Hennessy Businessman of the Year Award: Calvin Mathibeli, CEO of Calvin and Family Group.
- The Innovation Hub New and Innovative Business Award: Geekulcha, a development platform for South Africa’s leading young tech minds.
- Comair Outstanding Woman in Business Award: Fatima Vawda, founder and MD of 27four Investment Managers.
- Ledwaba Mazwai Attorneys Public Sector Visionary Award: Mogoeng-Mogoeng, chief justice of South Africa.
- Emperors Palace Community Builder of the Year Award: Lindiwe Matlali, founder and CEO at Africa Teen Geeks.
- Kaya FM Transformation Champion of the Year Award: Coega Development Corporation, state-owned company specialising in industrial development.
- Topwatch Best Employer of the Year Award: Buna Projects and Consulting, a multi-disciplinary company specialising in engineering and full turnkey projects.
- KIA Young Business Achiever Award: Emmanuel Bonoko, founder of Ebonoko Foundation.
- New Entrepreneur Award: Inga Vanqa, principal director at Inga Vanqa Quantity Surveyors and Project Managers.
- CSI Ubuntu Award: Youth Leadership and Entrepreneurship Development, an organisation that assists youth on their academic, social, entrepreneurship and career paths.
- Iqhawe Mentorship Award: Felleng Yende, CEO of FP&M SETA.
- Big Time Strategic Group Platinum Award: Felleng Yende, CEO of FP&M SETA.